Monday, November 11, 2013

How To Fix DC Comics!

(A series wherein I propose the sweeping changes necessary to salvage these once-beloved characters)

Aztek - Look, Grant Morrison, I get it. DC wouldn't let you write one of Superman's solo titles, so you were mad. Still, was that any reason... to blow Aztek's frickin' head up?!

Just strikes me as a bit childish, is all I'm saying (especially in light of the fact that you've actually since written a solo Superman series)...

If you were Hispanic and looking for a superhero with whom to identify, who would you choose?

1. Vibe - His series was cancelled due to poor sales (and I mean, c'mon now - Vibe? Seriously?).

2. Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) - His series was cancelled due to poor sales (although admittedly, he perhaps works best as part of an ensemble - personally I'd put him with Young Justice).

-or-

3. FRICKIN' AZTEK!!!

Gentlemen, I rest my case.

(Incidentally, if the New 52 wasn't the perfect excuse for bringing back characters like this, then what was the point of the whole reboot in the first place?)

No comments:

Post a Comment