Friday, March 7, 2014

The Marvel Cinematic Universe makes its first big mistake.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should reveal that I own each of the following trade paperbacks:

Marvel Masterworks: Captain Marvel - Volume 1
Avengers: Kree/Skrull War
The Life of Captain Marvel
The Death of Captain Marvel

So it was with some dismay that I learned that - according to the 3/4/14 episode of Agents of SHIELD entitled "T.A.H.I.T.I." - [SPOILERS!] apparently the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Captain Marvel is just some guy who's already dead.

Not only that, but they got certain fundamentals of the character completely wrong. Mar-Vell was a pink-skinned Kree, belonging to the lower caste - never blue.

Also: What was up with him being a giant, and having overtly alien features such as elongated fingernails/claws? And don't give me that it's actually based on the Ultimate Universe, because a) it shouldn't be, since that doesn't count/isn't canon; and b) even if it is, I DON'T CARE!!!

If they're going to do that, why even bother using Captain Marvel in the first place?
[/SPOILERS!]

No comments:

Post a Comment