Thursday, February 20, 2014

What I Dislike About...

Convention sell-outs.

The folks running MystiCon 2014 have absolutely no foresight. The only convention in our area to ever book famous, truly worthwhile guests is completely sold out. Anybody who had to put off buying a ticket - say, those with uncertain financial futures (held captive by alleged potential employers, waiting on a phone call that never comes to officially offer them a position - or... so I've heard) - is just out of luck.

Seems that John de Lancie - Star Trek's Q, of all people - once did a voice on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Who knew?

Apparently, the so-called "bronies" knew (proving once again that BRONIES. RUIN. EVERYTHING.)!

*sighs*

The real shame of it all is that this could have been so easily avoided. I - and doubtlessly other locals who have now found themselves similarly shut-out - attended last year's convention. Which means that the organizers had access to my contact information.

But did I receive any email warning me that tickets were almost gone? "You have to act fast if you don't want to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," they could've advised me!

They didn't even give any indication that this sell-out was imminent on their own website!!! So really, what more should I have expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment